The fire was contained to the attic and there were no injuries.
A lightning strike sparked a fire at a home in the 2600 block of Gayton Grove Road in Henrico Wednesday evening.
Henrico Co. Fire units responded to the fire shortly before 8 p.m. and found smoke and fire coming from the attic.
Billy Lumpkin was home at the time, watching television, when he says it sounded like a bomb went off when his home was hit. He says, “I was laying in the bed, watching the Yankees try to finish off Boston, when all of a sudden… boom! I knew something was wrong. I saw a white flash, I said, that’s not good.”
Fire crews quickly extinguished the flames, which were contained to the attic. The occupants were not displaced.