The best of my knowledge no actual streets will be painted at the Street Art Festival. A missed opportunity perhaps.
Starting tomorrow Manchester is going to get more colorful. We talked about what the Richmond Street Art Festival is back here. The short answer is that a bunch of world famous artists are going to get busy down at the southern end of Mayo Bridge around the massive Souther States silos. Not only did they bring their paint they brought a bunch of friends too.
Details of what’s going down and when:
Friday, April 22nd
Join us as we kick off the festival with local bands, beers, and light food trucks.
- 4 – 7PM (all day events): Live local bands set, Beer & light food trucks
- 4:30-5:30PM – Yoga class in the grass
Saturday, April 23rd
- 10 AM – Bike Tour (Bring Your Own Bike)
- 11AM – 7PM (all day): Live mural paintings, Live sculpture installations, Beer & Food trucks, Redbull DJ truck, Marketplace of local artisan goods
- 2PM – All The Saints Parade featuring No BS Brass Band
- 2PM – Bike tours (Bring Your Own Bike)
ADDITIONAL MURALS IN MANCHESTER
- Dog Park
- Papas Pizza
- Tool House
- Solvent Space
Sunday, April 24th
- 12PM – 4PM (All Day Events): Come watch as the artists put the finishing touches on their artwork, Live mural painting, Live sculpture installation, Local bands, beer & food trucks, Marketplace of local artisan goods
Parking on Saturday will be shared with the RVA Earth Day Festival and your selection of legal spots to park is outlined here.