Enjoy two art walks this month.
This month we are lucky enough to have two First Fridays art walks—some galleries will hold their openings on January 2nd and others on January 9th.
Here is a rundown of what you can see during the January 2nd openings:
- “What Was I Thinking?” at 8:00 PM. Don’t miss live improv comedy inspired by the awkwardness of adolescence. Coalition performers will share their very real past journal entries, poetry, and artwork.
- Re-Gift! Comedy Show & Yankee Swap at 10:00 PM
If you’re bummed by your holiday booty, bring your least favorite Christmas present to participate in The Coalition’s 2nd Annual Yankee Swap! Bonus: you’ll get $5 off your ticket at the door for playing along.
Add your gift to the pile, and the Coalition’s improvisers will sift through to find interesting presents, getting stories from their owners about what makes them so…re-giftable. Those stories will inspire a show full of live comedy, all made up on the spot right before your eyes.
After the show, everyone who brought a gift will get to walk away with a new, hopefully less sucky one. It’s a win-win!
- “Discovering Art on Grace”
- Portrait and landscape paintings by father and son duo, Jerome and Jeromyah
- Refreshments from Krispy Kreme, Lee’s Fried Chicken, and Pizza Hut
- Music by Saul Goode
- “Friends in Slow Places” featuring work by Tyler Thomas, Eliza Childress, Jenn Rockwell, and Sara Gossett
- Musical from Julie Karr, Sports Bar, and Heavy Midgets
- “Scribbles” features a collection of work by artist Kelsey Grupp
- “2015 2015” features the art created by Jihyung Yoon, Raven Cole, and Jerry Walters