Calling all artists! The deadline to submit artwork to the 2014 Fall Line Fest Juried Art Show is August 8.
The deadline to submit artwork to be included in the Fall Line Fest Juried Art Show is August 8. The theme for the show is Rhythm and artwork should relate to the theme. Lisa Freiman, Director, Institute for Contemporary Art (Virginia Commonwealth University), will return again this year as a juror for the show. The opening reception will be at Gallery5 on September 5 from 6:00-8:00 PM and remain on view until September 25. See details about fees and how to apply below. Inquiries may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting Marc at 804.240.2730.
- Richmond is full of rhythm: movement, pulses, beats, patterns, repetitions. The Fall Line Fest Arts Committee is now accepting applications from all artists in the Greater Richmond Area who are creating artworks with the theme: Rhythm.
- Open to all artists in the Greater Richmond area. Entries must be original works in one or more of the following: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, video, sculpture, ceramics, fibers, and mixed media.
- Proposals for installations may be submitted, but artists are responsible for installing the work and for all expenses involved.
- Though artworks smaller than 60” in any direction and less than 75 lbs. are preferred, larger works will be considered.
- Artists should keep in mind they are responsible for the shipping costs to and from the exhibition, and take this into consideration when submitting larger works.
- The juror reserves the right to disqualify any work that varies from the submitted image including: artworks that are a different size than stated on the application, artworks that do not show the quality represented by the submitted image, and artworks that arrive damaged.
- The nonrefundable application fee is $15 for one artwork, $20 for two, and $25 for three. Please limit your submission to three works.
To apply online
- Online submissions may be made at: email@example.com. Please submit your full name and address in the email. In addition, Images must be jpeg, png or gif formats and less than 3 MB. Application fees can be paid online via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an application by mail
- Images of artwork in digital format saved on CD or DVD. Images must be saved as a jpeg and 300dpi or less. Disk should be labeled with name of artist and title of artwork.
- Payment in U.S. dollars (check only – no cash). Checks should be made payable to Fall Line Fest.
- Artist submitting video work must submit entry DVD and cannot submit online.
- Applications will not be returned to artist.
- Mail application to:
- Fall Line Fest, Juried Art Show
- Gallery 5
- 200 W. Marshall Street
- Richmond, VA 23220