Grab your rain boots and umbrellas and head out tonight for the August 2014 First Fridays.
Grab your rain boots and umbrella. It looks like it might be a wet First Fridays tonight.
Here is a rundown of some of the exhibits showing during the month of August
- “Notes from Gravity Was Everywhere Back Then,” a special performance by Brent Green who is a self-taught animator.
- “Art. Ice Cream.” exhibition will showcase artwork created by students of the Central Montessori School.
- Ice cream from Gelati Celesti with an art-making activity for all ages.
- “Unbound3!” is a juried exhibition featuring the art of thirty-nine photographers.
- 8:00 PM – The Made-Up Movie, a live improv comedy performance
- 10:00 PM – RVA TONIGHT, a live late night talk show hosted by Beau Cribbs
- “Dying Buildings, Living Stones” features the artwork of Adrian Johnston
- “Out of the Dust of the Ground” features artwork created by Priyah Bhagat
- “WILDERNESS” is a group exhibtion featuring work by Aaron McInstosh, Carlton Morgan, Cupid Ojala, Nick Clifford Simko, Frankie Toan, and Joseph Andy Whitfield
- “Ghost” by Gene Coffrey continues this month.
- A sampling of photography and other 2D work will be on display
- Work by illustrator Natasha Powell will be on display
- Artwork on display celebrates 1708’s thirty-five years of presenting art to the community. Artwork will include photography, prints, sculpture, and paintings.
- “Serendipity” features the art of Juliana Phung
- Artwork by Chris Milk, Tim Skirven, and Daniel Crawford will be on display
- “Hidden in Plain Sight – The Abandoned Prison” and “Wonder Vally Houses” feature Richmond photographer Lee Saloutos
- “Summer Reading Inspirations” is an exhibit featuring the favorite books of some of Richmond’s community leaders
- Work by David Freed, Helen and Alvin Hattorf, and Anne Newbold Perkins will also be on display
- Performance by Elana Lisa
- “Jamaica Bound” features hand sewn textiles by Gia Labidi
- ARTe’licious Silent Art Auction continues
- “Nature’s Bounty” features work by Anh-Van Truong
- “Primitives From Life” features work by Elaine Bankston
- “Yo Guatemala” features photographs by Anne Hart Chay
- “Flying Path Project” features work by Terrie Powers