It’s here! The 2014 edition of Friday Cheers!
It seems like forever since the close of Friday Cheers 2013, but they’re finally back to doing what they do best: bringing awesome music to RVA at affordable prices. It all starts this Friday down on Brown’s Island with Vintage Trouble and Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers. Things kick off at 6:00 PM; tickets are $10, and children under 12 are free. Here’s a quick preview of what to expect this week, and, of course, there’s more info on their Facebook page.
And don’t forget: Friday Cheers celebrates their 30th anniversary this year! Join in the celebrations by tagging your various social medias with #CheersTo30.
— ∮∮∮ —
- Genre: Rock
- Sounds kinda like: If Lenny Kravitz joined a sweet bluesy rock band.
- Sweet jam: “Blues Hand Me Down”
- Listen to the album: The Bomb Shelter Sessions on rdio »
Vintage Trouble reminds me a ton of this awesome Swedish stoner-rock band Graveyard, but with a more Lenny Kravitz / James Brown slant. That…probably doesn’t make a lot of sense, so maybe just watch this video instead:
— ∮∮∮ —
Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers
- Genre: Country rock
- Sounds kinda like: Like a jammy The Black Crowes with a a bit of Talyor Swift thrown in.
- Sweet jam: “Little Too Late”
- Listen to the album: Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers on rdio »
Hey y’all, I like The Black Crowes as much as the next dude–which means both the next dude and I can vibe on Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers. Don’t be fooled, though! As Southern fried as she sounds Nicki Bluhm is from California and even has a song about how it’s tops!). Boo!
Photo by: FrankieTeaseMagazine