The weather forecast (so far) looks wonderful for music on the island this Friday!
Things kick off at 6:00 PM; tickets are $10, and children under 12 are free. Here’s a quick preview of what to expect this week, and, of course, there’s more info on their Facebook page.
And don’t forget: Friday Cheers celebrates their 30th anniversary this year! Join in the celebrations by tagging your various social medias with #CheersTo30.
— ∮∮∮ —
- Genre: Indie rock
- Sounds kinda like: A Miller Highlife steel guitar serenade
- Sweet jam: “Virginia Slims”
- Listen to the album: Baba Yaga on rdio »
From Atlanta these dudes come, bringing with them some chill tunes and smooth steel guitar sounds. It’s pretty groovy and pairs well with a fine local brew and the fine local weather forecast for Friday (84 °F and sunny).
— ∮∮∮ —
Spirit Family Reunion
- Genre: Americana
- Sounds kinda like: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
- Sweet jam: “When My Name is Spoken”
- Listen to the album: Spirit Family Reunion on Soundcloud »
There’s some Bob Dylan buried here–and not too deep. AND THANK GOD! That guy is still alive! I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to bury a living American legend. But these Spirit Family Reunion jams are pretty great if you’re in the mood for reliving the past in a pleasantly contemporary way.
Photo by: Sarah Elizabeth Altendorf