Instead of your regular dose of Friday Cheers, this weekend brings you Dominion Riverrock!
Alas, no Friday Cheers this weekend. But turn that frown upside down, dear concertgoer! Dominion Riverrock invades the Brown’s Island area with Xtreme Sports and (free) live music. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect music-wise.
— ∮∮∮ —
6:00 – 9:30 PM
- Sunliner — Dear bands with soulful female singers, please exist with more regularity.
- The Infamous Stringdusters — Dusty strings, indeed! They even mention a dobro in one of their songs!
1:00 – 9:00 PM
- Noah-O — Fresh, honest hip-hop from RVA.
- Cosby — Synthy pop that’ll speak to your inner dance machine.
- People’s Blues of Richmond — If you’re not spilling a beer on a dude or getting a beer spilled on you by a dude while listening to this, you’re doing it wrong.
- The Congress — I was not prepared for the awesomeness of their “Killing Me Softly” cover. Whoa.
- The London Souls — Oh shit. Guitar solos.
- Matisyahu — I know that a Jewish reggae rapper sounds like a terrible idea, but I love this guy!
1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Butcher Brown — Jazzy jazz dudes, you do your funky jazz thing!
- Elby Brass — Another area brass band? That’s right, and this one’s from Fredericksburg.
- Proverbial — A self-described troupe of reggae, rock, and funk.
— ∮∮∮ —
Photo by: jaredpolin