A new batch of Broadway productions is heading to Richmond. Featuring classic productions and a new favorite, read what shows will be coming to Richmond in the 2012-13 season.
One of the best ways to experience Broadway without making the trek to New York City, Broadway in Richmond has just announced its lineup of productions and performances for the 2012-13 season.
Featuring musical adaptations of classic children stories, a special productions of a Broadway classic, and even a modern favorite thrown in for good measure, the lineup will be sure to have something for everyone. “This is our fourth season presenting Broadway in Richmond and we couldn’t be happier with the overwhelming response,” said Steve Traxler, president of Jam Theatricals, the presenting company for Broadway in Richmond. He went on to say: “Richmond is officially a Broadway town having successfully hosted Wicked and Disney’s The Lion King.
Here is next season’s lineup:
- Blue Man Group • April 27th – 29th, 2012
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the Musical • November 27th – December 2nd, 2012
- Billy Elliot: The Musical • February 1st – 3rd, 2013
- Disney’s Mary Poppins • February 19th – 24th, 2013
- The New 25th Anniversary production of Les Misérables • March 26th – 31st, 2013
- West Side Story • May 10th – 11th, 2013