Need a ticket, they’ve got tickets.
As everyone in Richmond, or at least everyone on my Facebook and Twitter feed, knows Foo Fighters are coming to Richmond. The problem for many is that the main way to get tickets is to have backed the initial Kickstarter. Those with little faith and/or cash are seemingly left in the cold.
Sugar Shack Donuts is the tasty savior of all
Pearl Jam Foo Fighters fans. They have a hold of 50 tickets and instead of just giving them out willy-nilly have elected to hold daily contests and make fans earn their ticket. Below is the schedule so those that are desperate for a ticket can start planning.
- 9/5 – Instagram Selfie: with a Sugar Shack Donut (must tag @rvadonuts)
- 9/6 – Mystery Flavor: Come by Lombardy street and order a mystery donut. Taste it, write your guess with your contact info and submit it to us. A winner will be drawn from the correct answers at random. (1 Entry per person.)
- 9/7 – Donut Hurling Competition: The first 300 people to attend get a chance to throw a donut as far as possible. The furthest throw wins. Location TBD. (1 Entry per person.)
- 9/8 – Donut Eating contest: Come to Sugar Shack Lombardy between 3pm – 8pm, purchase a half dozen glazed, and get timed eating them by our staff. Fastest time at the end of the night wins.
- 9/9 – Golden Ticket: Every dozen box has a stamp inside, but only 1 box has the winning stamp. Lombardy Street only until a winner is picked.
- 9/10 – Feed More Food Drive: Every 3 cans or dry goods you bring gets you a raffle ticket. All goods will be donated to Feed More.
- 9/11 – Acoustic Solo Act: Record yourself doing an acoustic cover of a Foo Fighters song. Load it to YouTube by 9/11 at 9:00pm and send your submission link to us via Facebook. Best video wins.
- 9/12 – Vinyl Shop Love: Information to be released the day of.
- 9/13 – Scavenge For Foo Fighters Treasure Hunt: See Facebook for details.
- 9/14 – Announced closer to event.
- 9/15 – TBD
- 9/16 – Desperate Karaoke: YouTube a video of you doing a Karaoke cover of a Foo Fighters Song. This is your desperate last attempt, so make it good. All submissions must be submitted by 9:00pm on 9/16. Submit your link via Facebook.
- 9/17 – Last minute contests to be announced.
Tickets are non-transferable so if you cannot attend you cannot win. Winners have 24 hours to claim their prize before we put them back into circuit. You cannot sell your tickets either, winners will get their tickets will call at the concert.