Head to the Gardens for the new year.
The weather Gods are telling me that it will be 30° outside at midnight but feel like 25° so you definitely don’t want to be anywhere outside at that time. However it will be a balmy 43° at 2:00 PM which is when the New Year’s Eve Family Frolic at Lewis Ginter starts and the only time you have to worry about that temperature is when strolling the grounds.
All of the frolicking will take place in the warm and cozy Kelly Education Center.
The New Year’s Eve Family Frolic is free with your usual Garden entry fee ($12 for adults; $8 for kids; free for members and kids under 3) and gets you the following.
- Live concert by the Ululating Mummies
- “Rolling in the New Year’s” tradition of rolling down the hill to the Rose Garden (weather permitting and not taking place in the warm and cozy Kelly Education Center)
- Photo opportunities with the Garden Keeper & the Butterfly Fairy — bring your cameras!
- Make your own New Year’s party hat
- Write your wish for 2015 and add it to our “wishing chain”
- Trains in classroom II in the Kelly Education Center & in the Conservatory
- Those who attend the New Year’s Eve Family Frolic and who are already in the Garden can stay to attend Dominion GardenFest of Lights (5 -10 p.m.)