Stop Making Sense and get to the park on Sunday.
Grab the kids, takeout from a local restaurant, a blanket, and a discretely hidden bottle of your favorite and head over to Forest Hill Park on Sunday to rock out to some live tunes.
- May 11 (6 to 8 p.m.): Fear of Music, a mind blowing Talking Heads tribute band
- June 8 (6 to 8 p.m.): Many Nights Ahead, from Harrisonburg, with blues-backboned bluegrass
- July 13 (6 to 8 p.m.): L’il Ronnie and the Grand Dukes, Richmond blues and R & B legends.
- August 10 (5 to 7 p.m.): Monk’s Playground, modern and straight ahead jazz
- September 7 (5 to 7 p.m.): Paulo Franco and the Rateros, Woodland Heights’ own Americana and roots rock purveyors
- October 5 (5 to 7 p.m.): Loversville, old school, twangy and sultry, traditional Country.
The series is brought to you by the Westover Hills, Forest Hill, and Woodland Heights Neighborhood Associations, Grow RVA, Relay Foods, the City of Richmond Parks and Recreation, and Kathy Graziano.