People! We’re hosting an event, and it should be awesome.
RVANews Live is a live retelling of some of RVA’s most popular stories from the past couple of months. Think of it like experiencing a magazine in person. Each topic will feature a conversation with folks who have an interesting perspective on the story, moderated by Susan Howson.
- We will gather at Gather on November 19th.
- Doors open at 6:00 PM, the (incredible) program starts at 6:30 PM.
- Price of admission, just $20, includes two drink tickets.
Here’s an awkwardly large ticket link for you to click on:
— ∮∮∮ —
This month we’ll discuss:
Over the past 20 years, VCU has grown and changed–taking Grace Street and the surrounding area with it. How will the influx of on-campus students, national chains, and a streetscape ever under construction affect local businesses?
Bringing a boutique hotel to Broad Street
Coming soon to Broad Street: a boutique, art-focused hotel smack dab in the middle of the Arts & Culture District. What kind of impact will a destination hotel have on neighborhood in the midst of some serious revitalization?
- Katie Ukrop, Quirk Gallery
- Ted Ukrop, Lift Caregiving and Quirk Hotel
- Katherine O’Donnell, Richmond Region Tourism
Booze, bakeries, and brides in the East End
It’s not just new bakeries popping up in the East End, but restaurants, bars, and boutiques. What’s next for the neighborhood that sports some of Richmond’s most passionate neighbors?
- Percy Strickland, Church Hill Activities and Tutoring
- Christine Haines Greenberg, Urban Set Bride
- Gillian Field, Union Market
— ∮∮∮ —
Here’s that ticket link again: