Do you have game?
Ludum Dare is a 48 hour rapid video game development challenge (also known as a game jam) that occurs several times a year. Developers can participate in two ways – the competition, which requires developers to work solo and create everything from scratch, or the jam, which allows for teams to make a game based on the theme with relaxed rules and an extra 24 hours to participate.
Pro tip: Participants must bring their own computers/software/equipment/headphones. For some excellent free resources and more info about game jams click here.
The Ludum Dare event begins on April 17th at 7PM at 804RVA, where developers can settle in and wait for the theme to be announced. The event will continue through Sunday night. Check below for directions and a more complete itinerary
This is all going down at 804RVA, which is located at 1657 West Broad Street #3a – on the corner of Allen Ave. and Broad St. in the Fan Gallery building.
FRIDAY – 804RVA
- 7PM – Doors open at 804RVA, participants set up and hang out!
- 9PM – Theme is announced – Begin Jamming!
- 2AM – Doors close for the night, get some sleep!
SATURDAY – 804RVA
- 10AM – 2AM – Jam all day at 804RVA!
SUNDAY – 804RVA
- 10AM – 9PM – Finish up your game!
- 9PM – 11PM – Pizza party, presentations of games, invite friends and family to join in!
This itinerary is subject to change in the weeks preceding the jam – be sure to check in before the jam.