April’s events and festivals
Ain’t no foolin’ ‘bout these April events!
April has got to be warmer than March, making it a great month to get outside and do so many awesome things.
— ∮∮∮ —
1. Easter on Parade
Sure it’s not technically in April, but you know what they say: never miss a chance to hang out with dogs in little hats.
- Easter Sunday, March 31st • 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Monument Avenue between Allen and Davis avenues
2. Civil War & Emancipation Day
Who says celebrating history can’t be fun?
- Saturday April 6th • 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- various locations around Richmond (tours, shuttle service)
- admission to most sites is free
3. XL102 Chili Cook Off 30
A spring staple keeps on rolling.
- Saturday April 20th • gates open at 10:30 AM
- Richmond International Raceway
- $15 adv/$30 at the door
4. Fifth Annual Little Sisters of the Poor RVA French Food Festival
Great food, a great cause, what’s not to like?
- Saturday April 20th • 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- 1503 Michaels Rd, Richmond, VA 23229
- Free; prices vary per vendor
5. Richmond Earth Day Festival
Celebrate Earth…it’s the only one we got!
- Saturday April 20th • 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- 17th Street Farmer’s Market
6. Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K Subway Post Race Festival
So what you just ran a 10k, it’s time to par-tay!
- April 13th, post race
- Monroe Park
7. Stay Sweet III Fest
Almost one million bands will converge on the Camel for a weekend total mayhem.
- April 12th – 14th
- The Camel
- Passes are sold out, but who knows, you might get lucky!
8. April Fool’s Wine Festival at James River Cellars Winery
You’d be foolish not to wine and dine here.
- April 6th -7th • Saturday 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- 11008 Washington HWY Glen Allen, VA
- $15 in adv, $20 at the door
9. Carytown Craft Beer Festival
Because craft beer is awesome. Duh!
- April 14th • 12:00 – 6:00 PM
- $15/advance, $20/at the gate
10. Herbs Galore & More at Maymont
Such a great sounding name, how can you not go?
- April 27th • 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Carriage House Lawn (Maymont Park)
- $3 (free for members)
11. The Bizarre Bazaar’s 21st Spring Market
You’ll find at least something totally bizarre/awesome here.
- April 5th – 7th
- Richmond Raceway Complex
12. Spring Richmond Restaurant Week
Get some great plates and help fund the plates at FeedMore.
- Monday, April 22nd – Sunday, April 28th
- Participating Richmond restaurants
- $25.12 per person
— ∮∮∮ —
If we’ve missed anything please let us know below!
Report an error
Subscribe to our
There are 2 reader comments. Read them.