February is the second month of the year, but actually, the first. After all the January hype has died away, we are left with the very real life of February. That has not stopped our intrepid neighbors from attempting to create. You can be a part of their success.
Richmond is mural crazy, and Art Whino is returning this summer for the third year of the Richmond Mural Project. Help fund bringing up to 10 world-class muralists to Richmond to further our city’s reputation as a “go-to destination for murals.”
- Goal: $6,000
- Campaign Ends: April 11th, 2014
- Best Reward: Do you have 4,000 spare dollars? For that paltry sum, the Richmond Mural Project will paint a mural on your wall.1
- Goal: $1,000
- Campaign Ends: February 28th, 2014
- Best Reward: $25 gets you early access to the video, kudos from the artist, and a copy of the Love Finds Its Way EP.
I didn’t start writing 5 Things To Crowdfund to not pitch the projects of people I know personally. My friend Shannon worked hard to get her personal training certification and is now starting her own business based on the philosophy that you can be healthy and beautiful “no matter your size, shape, or age.” You can help her cover the basics of a website, insurance, and basic equipment.
- Goal: $500
- Campaign Ends: March 12, 2014
- Best Reward: For $50 you will receive a personal assessment and a 3-month workout plan.
Open High School student,3 Ayinde Williams, was selected for a merit award from the National YoungArts Foundation for Jazz Keyboards (PDF). This week, he heads to Miami for a regional workshop. He’s asking for funds to help defray the cost of his travels. Head on over to the campaign page and give him a listen.
- Goal: $3,000
- Campaign Ends: Feb. 12th, 2014
- Best Reward: Good feelings. Jazz.
Friend of the show, Stephanie Ganz, is putting on a workshop to teach you how to crowdfund your project. Come learn the ins and outs of the different crowdfunding sites and how to get people like me to pay attention to your campaign.4 Register and I will receive a kickback of zero dollars.
- Thursday, February 20th • 4:00 — 6:00 p.m.
- Ellwood Thompsons Community Room; 4 N. Thompson Street
- $40 for one participant, $60 for two
- The page is unclear if you can pay for a mural placement on the wall of your enemy. ↩
- A amphibian-themed frozen yogurt shop in Carytown makes a cameo. ↩
- I think. That’s what his public Facebook page says anyway. I didn’t want to be creepy. ↩
- I’m a sucker for late 80’s/early 90’s nostalgia, tacos, and using goats. ↩