What you should know before heading out to the festival’s 10th anniversary.
When and where is the festival?
The Richmond Folk Festival takes place along the Richmond downtown riverfront.
- Friday, October 10th • 6:00 – 10:00 PM
- Saturday, October 11th • 12:00 – 9:30 PM
- Sunday, October 12th • 12:00 – 6:00 PM
The biggest update to this year’s festival is that the Altria Stage (the main stage) has been moved to Tredegar Green (adjacent to the Belle Isle parking lot).
Performers and artisans the world over, and some of the festival’s favorites, are returning to celebrate the 10th anniversary.
Here’s a full list of who you can expect to see.
Where are the stages?
Here’s a full map of the weekend’s festivities (click for large PDF):
What can’t I bring?
- Pets (service animals are permitted)
- Coolers, large backpacks
- Bottles/glass containers
- Contraband (drugs and weapons)
- Laser pointers
- Bikes, skateboards, inline skates
- Flying objects (kites, Frisbees, footballs, etc.)
I don’t want to drive. How do I get there?
Free parking and free shuttles, are available from both Spring Rock Green (7202 Midlothian Turnpike, directly across the street from former Cloverleaf Mall) and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (2015 Staples Mill Road). All shuttles will stop at two festival locations: one at 2nd Street and one at 5th Street.
Here’s the shuttle schedule:
- Friday • 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday • 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Sunday • 11:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Buses leave every 20 minutes. Shuttle hotline: 804.358.4782.
Where do i park if I’m driving?
Multiple parking lots are available downtown.
Central Parking • $5 and $6
- Shockoe Bottom, 100 Virginia Street • $5
- Crowne Plaza, 555 E. Canal Street • $5
- 801 E. Cary Street (between 8th & 9th on Cary) • $6
- 1200 E. Byrd Street (along the flood wall) • $6
CityParking • $5
- Main & Foushee
- 1st & Canal
- 3rd & Cary
- 4th & Canal
- 5th & Canal, 5th & Cary
- 6th & Canal
- 8th & Cary
Standard Parking • $5
- 410 E. Franklin Street
Lanier Parking • $5
- Riverside on the James, 1001 Haxall Point
- Riverfront Plaza, 901 E. Byrd Street
Mayo Island • $3
- 501 S. 14th St.
Monument City Parking
- 13 N. 5th St.